Have you ever been through such pain that you have said to yourself- “I want to die?”
Have you ever wished your life was over?
Do you struggle with hopelessness continually?
If your answer is ‘yes’, then please read on, I had a dream that I believe can help to overcome the spirit of hopelessness and suicide.
Here is the dream, then the interpretation…
I dreamt of a person who went through deep pain, in order to escape his pain he married a person he didn’t love. He didn’t realize that the person he married was named ‘Suicide & Hopelessness’.
After his season of pain was over and life resumed as normal, he was still married to this person named ‘Suicide & Hopelessness’. It was okay most of the time because this person was like a silent partner. But sometimes, at weak moments this person would turn into a snake and would torment him. In the dream I took a flashlight to find snake to kill it, because I knew it was hiding in the dark. When the snake knew the light was coming it coiled up in fear and tried to hide from the flashlight by closing its eyes, because it knew if the light caught its eyes it would be exposed and die. It was actually quite weak and needed to remain hidden to survive.
What the Dream Means:
-When we go through pain we may need to escape so badly that we agree that death is better than life. We are tempted to wish death over ourselves as a way to escape from pain. (Marriage represents Agreement and Covenant) We can use the wish of death as a comfort during seasons of pain instead of God our refuge, thus we make an agreement with death by believing it is our solution. We do this by aligning our hearts with the idea that death is better than life for us. If we do not come out of agreement with that lie it remains with us, and may resurface again.
-This is not harmless thinking, because we are using death as our refuge instead of God as our refuge. It is always God’s will for life and a good future for us, He is the author of life. Satan is a murderer, his number one goal is to steal from us with death being the culmination. When we bring our hearts into agreement with this lying enemy we create an opening in our lives for this lie to function. Even after our pain heals we may still have thoughts of death lurking in our lives that can surface.
-The good news is that is is possible and NOT HARD to get free from hopelessness and death.
–(The snake symbolizes lies) the lies here are- ‘I want to die’, ‘It is better to die than to live’.
The snake dreaded the light (truth) because it knew it had no power if the truth exposed it as a lie.
If you have partnered with the spirit of death and are experiencing symptoms of hopelessness and suicidal feelings, you can get rid of that snake from your life today.
Be healed Activation Prayer:
Get in a quiet place and pray, here is a basic guide on how to pray…
- Ask God to show you where the lie came in. God will show you an event where you agreed that death was a better option for you than life.
- Realize that those thoughts were a quick escape from pain, but they placed your heart in alignment with death. You were agreeing with the destroyer by believing the lie. You had opened your heart to a lie.
- Ask God to forgive you for partnering with the liar in your time of pain and ask Him to wash the lie away by Jesus blood.
- Ask God to show you the truth about your life at the time when you were going through your pain. (Take a moment to imagine what His response was to you while you were in pain) He will show you something like this…He was still loving you when you felt unloved. He never forsook you but kept loving you. He was holding you close in your grief even though you felt alone.…ask him, and let him show you the truth about where He was in the midst of your pain…(we know that according to God’s Word, God is close to the brokenhearted)
- Now with your mouth renounce the lie, say something like… ‘I come out of agreement with the spirit of death, I cancel the agreement I made with death’
- Now with your mouth speak the truth, say something like…’God has never left me’ “God has always been with me even in my pain’ “I love life, I am created to live and not die, ‘life is God’s gift to me’, ‘I am surrounded by hope and love,’ ‘I will live and be happy’, ‘life is my friend and not my enemy.’
- Ask Jesus to cut off any death thoughts and help you to change the way you think about life and death.
Meditate on these scriptures:
“For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation,
not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.”
2 Corinthians 7:10
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”